Us

Us

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

It's Jabulani Time

What is so fascinating about World Cup?

a) Mountain of Men ( The Player )
b) Joga Bonito ( Beautiful Game)
c) The Venue
d) Or, I just watched it because everyone else does…




(Source: Google Image)


I don’t know about you Guys, but for me, the combination of all elements makes World Cup just so irresistible to some of us.


So the moment of truth begins. World Cup is upon us again as it does every four years. In fact, it is not a subject close to my heart to blog about. I didn’t really fancy it. I watched or rather knew about the existence of World Cup back in 1998 in France. I was sitting for my PMR exam that time. In 2002, where Brazil was the champion, I watched World Cup far away from home because I continue my study in KPTM. I still remember my housemate Azma who is a FANATIC about football (married with two kids now). Plus, it was held in Korea/Japan in the year of 2006, happened to be her fav countries in the world. Hahahahha… (Sorry if I didn’t get the fact rite ). The next four years it was held in Germany. So weird I can’t recall any memories watching the Game. Huh! The winner: Italy. (Thanks to Daddy Sarah for reminding me again and again for I thought the Winner is Germany) Hahahahaha!

It’s South Africa this time. The Republic of South Africa is a country located at the southern tip of Africa, with a 2,798 kilometres (1,739 mi) coastline on the Atlantic and Indian Oceans. To the north lie Namibia, Botswana and Zimbabwe; to the east are Mozambique and Swaziland; while Lesotho is an independent country wholly surrounded by South African territory. South Africa has eleven official languages: Afrikaans, English, Ndebele, Northern Sotho, Sotho, Swazi, Tswana, Tsonga, Venda, Xhosa and Zulu. According to the 2001 National Census, the three most spoken first home languages are Zulu (23.8%), Xhosa (17.6%) and Afrikaans (13.3%). Despite the fact that English is recognized as the language of commerce and science, it was spoken by only 8.2% of South Africans at home in 2001, an even lower percentage than in 1996 (8.6%). (Source http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/South_Africa). I just dig in some facts about South Africa for us to note about.

People are start talking about penalty, yellow card, off side… everything is about the game. For me subject of interest in every World Cup would be the bafana bafana (the boys the boys). But dear hubby, u’re my best! :p. This World Cup, my fav team is still Portugal! Portugal! Portugal! Why? I don’t have any concrete reason for it; it’ll be such a humiliation to say that I favor Portugal for C. Ronaldo is in it. He’s our guy since he hangs out with the It girls such as Paris Hilton and Kim Kardashian.

As a woman, a mother and a shopper myself, soccer or football is really not a thing that fascinate me. I love to see a pair of Guess stiletto lying beautifully in the Guess Boutique rather than watching a 32” Flat Screen with soccer on. But then again, it’s so hard not to want to know more about the game everybody talks about.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...