Us

Us

Monday, June 28, 2010

BROKEN ENGLISH

I heard a very brilliant public speaking by a friend of mine last Friday. It was a simple presentation but meaningful to some. My friend herself is a very astute woman, a mother of two and a very resourceful person. The title: How to communicate well in English. She highlighted four really simple ways to improve our English which are, to listen, to read, to communicate and to make mistake as the learning process goes along.

This morning, out of the blue, my husband tuned in to hitz.fm. So we had a chance to hear a Gotcha call (compilation of last month’s call) made to an Indian Lady about a very silly phone interview. It was so ridiculous and I laughed like a mad person. Ian pretended to be an interviewer with so bad English. One of the questions was: What is the ambition time you to take the job? I mean what the hell! But the jokes really made my day and I can’t stop smiling thinking of how people may make a joke out of that.

I don’t mind a person speaking with a broken English. At least he tries his best. A person who is arrogance enough to say English doesn’t help him with anything irate me the most. Speak at your will and as you wish as this is a free country. No one will give you a ticket / summon over bad English spoken anyway. Speak up and give your best shot.

Adios!

P/S : Mommy Sarah wants to take an AME English Test.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...