Us

Us

Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Book Review : My Sister's Keeper

I know, maybe three or maybe four of my previous posts are mostly jammed packed with pictures... This time I'll get a little bit seriyes yeah? Hahahaha! Last week, when I was in Impiana Resort Cherating... I had so much free time (obviously), and to fill in my free time and me wanna look good, me read my favorite novel The Sister's Keeper by Jodi Picoult.  She is, I can say is one brilliant author and this is the second book written by her that I've read.
As usual, once I'm done with a book, I'll complete it with a simple yet useful (I hope) review. This book was published on 2004 and it was filmed somewhere in 2009 starring Cameron Diaz, Abigail Breslin and Alec Baldwin. Hurm, where should I start.....? It is an incredible book with so many beautiful wordings and quotes about parenthood.

It is about a family of five who struggles with a child, Kate who was diagnosed with Leukemia , Jesse who is an arsonist despite the fact that Brian, the father is a fire fighter, Sara was previously a lawyer and decided to stay at home to take care of Kate. While Anna, the main character in this novel was born for one main purpose, to save her sister, Kate. 

It is a fast phase novel, starting from the moment Anna decided to meet Alexander Campbell: a lawyer, to sue her own parents in order to get the right to make her own medical decision. Anna has undergone several treatments to save her sister including, blood transfusion, bone marrow transplant and finally, it was her kidney her parents asking for. It was Anna who's keeping Kate alive.

There are so many medical terms I failed to understand and can't even remember...... but of course this book educates me so much on Leukemia and how a person diagnosed with leukemia struggles between the life and death. 

The twist of the novel is what makes it remarkable and so hard to be ignored. The fact that we are willing to sacrifice for our own flesh and blood is undeniable...... The willingness to stand for each other is a simple law we by heart as we live and I know and I always know, a mother's love is the greatest love we can ever have. Plus, family is the greatest gift God gives us so we understand life isn't about ourselves and to cherish the time we have with our families because we can lost them in a matter of seconds.........

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...