Us

Us

Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Trip To Bandung : Kawah Domas (Domas Crater)

Kawah Domas is located almost 1km from Kawan Ratu... If you are a really fit person you may reach Kawah Domas in 15 mins... but for us, half an hour. Hihiks! Because of the cold and great whether, I was hardly sweating, but it really made my legs tired since we have to walk downhill.....


My advise is... Please think twice before you decided to visit Kawah Domas because it is far and it is EXPENSIVE! The entrance fee is 250,000 Rp for one hour. My visit there was two hours so we have to add another 250,000 Rp and 50,000 Rp for tips. Hell, lotsa money involved!



 Some of the souvenirs sold along the way..



 Kawah Domas : View from top

 There'll be two familiar huts build along the way to Kawah Domas for a person like us to sit down and relax a li'l bit. I don't know why but I really love this picture. Is walking downhill making my thigh looks slimmer? Hahahahah! Perasan. Look at my MNG sling bag.. a really good friend while I'm in Bandung...... ;p
 Welcome to Domas Crater.. But it is still farther away... almost 200 metres walk....



These two men are a merchandisers trying to sell some souvenirs to my husband.. They are so irritating and annoying. In fact the have followed us ever since we're from Kawah Ratu... The merchandises are so expensive.. so you have to bargain at least 70% of the actual price. At the end they sell us the Kawah Domas stone keychains, 12 for 100,000 Rp.
Me checking on my legs... yes, i rub the volcanic mud to the both of legs, it's just so awkward to post it... ;p Do you notice the necklace I'm wearing? It's a newly bought item from the merchandiser at the cost of 250,000 Rp... The opening price was 850,000 Rp. It is just so crazy!!! In line with my first advise.. If you really really brings lots of Rp.. Only then you go down to Kawah Domas. Period.
Kawah Domas is an active volcanic crater... but they ensure us, it isn't going to erupts yet or any sooner... Good to know, yes... at least we can share the beauty with all of you... at the back of us is the hot boiling water .... Phew, it isn't easy for me to write those technical things about volcanic eruptions... Maybe google can help you... really.... Ngehehehe!
The brave guy sitting near the boiling water.... I'm just have to pass....
 The visit to Kawah Domas and Tangkuban Parahu is complete. Next destination...... Kampung Daun Cultural Village! Yeee haaaaa!




Maybe you would like to view these :
1. http://www.sarahzulaikha.blogspot.com/2012/05/trip-to-bandung-introduction.html
2. http://www.sarahzulaikha.blogspot.com/2012/05/trip-to-bandung-tangkuban-parahu.html




2 comments:

  1. Hi;) I came across your blog while researching about tangkuban perahu. When u mentioned the 250000 fee to Kawah Domas, is it per person?? Thanks..

    ReplyDelete
  2. seriously, 250.000? I thought its free. Well maybe its for guide, but still.. its so expensiveee

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...